In my case:

What OS ?
-windows 2003 server

What format are the files that are missing ?
-flac

Are they music files or just radio streams ?
-music files, no radio streams

What format is the playlist - how did you create it ?
-m3u; all created in slimserver v6.3. that makes it so weird, i see NO
difference whatsoever in what i have done to a set of playlist that
DOES appear now in v6.5 and the ones that DONT.

Can you see the files (that are missing from the playlists) in the
Music Library ?
-yes

Can you play them independently of the playlist ?
-yes

Are you using Itunes or MusicMagic (MusicIP) to manage your music
library ?
-no

Are any of the files in a different place to the box where Slimserver
is installed ?
-yes, my music library points to an external harddisk connected with
usb to pc. But again: this applies to all my playlist (all in the same
subdirectory) so doesn't explain why some do and some don't work.

btw, the playlists that don't work show 'empty' on the squeezebox
display once selected

--
kremersl