Thanks again Radish. I'm planning on calling tech support tomorrow.

This has been difficult for me to sort out. I think I've been asking
the wrong question. I'm pretty clear now that SlimServer will not
directly read the WMAL volume tags. But now I'm hopeful that I can
transcode and add volume leveling on the fly. It seems like a lot of
processing on the fly, but like I questioned above maybe it always
tries to stay "one file ahead" or something like that. That would also
explain why fast forwarding and rewind will not work properly with
transcoded files...not a big deal in my estimation.

After I talk to tech support I'll post more info...Kirk

--
kklemme