I have to second this -- I experienced problems with 6.5 until I followed the following procedure:

1) Uninstall SlimServer
2) Reboot
3) Manually delete the SlimServer directory (usually found under Program Files)
4) Install 6.5
5) Reinstall any plugins I want and manually restore my Slimserver config settings

It was a pain, but until I did it, I had problems such as Slimserver shutting down/crashing randomly.