Having upgraded to version 6.5.1 I'm having the same issues reported
here with duplicate album names.
I have tried a complete un-install of SlimServer and deleting the
associated program directories, but still my complimation albums list
for each and every artist. ie 20 tracks = 20 albums
In 'Home/Server Settings/Behavior' I have selected 'Group complimation
albums together' although I'm not so sure what setting to use for the
following:
'Albums that contain songs that are tagged with a band may be listed
under that band name or with the other artists for that album. The band
tag is also known as TPE2 and may appear as the "album artist" in some
software'
My understanding is that the core artist name would be 'Various' an
that band is the Album Artist... Slimserver does not exactly make any
of this clear. Needless to say it all worked fine in 6.3.1

I use Tag&Rename for file management and my file format is entirely
flac, my directory structure is \artist\album\track.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

--
repman