What becomes increasingly evident is that running SlimServer on
anything other than a dedicated server is becoming less and less
feasible as the software evolves and customers' expectations for
robustness and responsiveness increases.

I don't know why I should need a dedicated machine, really. I've no problem running slimserver 6.5 with samba, apache, another MySQL instance, mail... on the same two year old Via C3/1GHz with 512MB ram. That machine does sometimes crash for unknown reasons. But it's been up for three months now, surviving quite a few slimserver installations.

I'd bet most of the issues asking for a dedicated machine are due to some other influence.

--

Michael