Hi Folks

This isnt a rant... honest...I truly think my squeezebox and slimserver
are absolutely marvellous, and all the developers deserve big houses
with swimming pools and French maids...

....but...

The way 6.5 treats compilations / various artists is really getting me
down.

All my comps are tagged correctly…. All have Various Artists as “Album
Artist”, all have a “yes” in the “part of compilation” box, and, up to
upgrading, all behaved as you would expect.  I could play “24 hour
party people” by selecting “24 hour party people” from the albums
list.

Now, since I organise my folders by artist / album /track.mp3, (hardly
a radical way to store your digital media !) slimserver now displays
“24 hour party people” about 8 times…. Once for each artist
represented.

OK, fine, I could re-organise my folders to "album artist" / album /
track, but what happens when I have two comps with the same title ?
Not as odd as you may think…..

Would it not be simpler to have a switch in the interface that forced
slimserver to ignore folders, and just work from the tags ?

Just a thought.....

Cheers,
Danny

--