Actually I am not sure I see a dicotomy between tech-led development
and user-friendliness. In fact I was personally impressed about the
ease of installation and of use of my Squeeze Box. The user interface
of the Slim Server could probably become more consumer oriented. Yet
this is not a priority.
We are much more interested in extending the current technology to new
hardware products and new markets.
I also hope that the open source community will continue to be
motivated by making the products stronger and more versatile.

Video squeezebox??
(not actually interested in one myself)

Will logitek on board (with their added clout) mean DRM support?
(again, not that I am actually interested myself!)