WrightDawg;155800 Wrote:
> Thanks for the comments Mark.  As for my router I do think this is the
> issue, but I'm not familiar enough with networking to figure it out.
> I"m in mixed mode, with a 64 bit WEP enabled, which wasn't a problem a
> week ago before this happened.  Under access restrictions nothing is
> blocked.
>
> I tried to PING the SB3 (using the ip address that it has assigned
> itself 169.254.169.84) and got the following result:
>
> PING 169.254.169.84 ( 169.254.169.84 ) : 56 data bytes
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> --- 169.254.169.84 ping statistics ---
> packets transmitted = 5 , packets received = 0 packet loss = 100%
>

> So it seems obvious there is no connection whatsoever and something is
> blocking it.  Maybe I need a different router?

No, a 169 address is a fallback address your SB will assign itself when
it can't connect to the DHCP server.  Your router will correctly block
access to it because it's not in its subnet, which is probably
192.168.1.XXX.

Until you can figure out what's going on, try to determine what your
LAN subnet is, this should be obvious from your router IP, and assign
the SB a static IP in this subnet.

--
Mark Lanctot