I suppose all the other audiophiles I know are also engineers.  So while
a $5-10K prepro is not out of the question, no one I know spends hours
tracing their CDs with green markers nor worrying too much about the
power cable they're using (as long as it's adequate for the current).

While my comment was broad, so too was saying audiophiles care about
preamps with external power supplies.  An audiophile cares about good
sound and music they enjoy.

Creating a server product can cater as much to a high end community as
to a low end one.  Most high end equipment is installed by the CI
(custom installer) community.  Having a product they can easily
sell/install for their clients would move a lot of units.  Not as many
as having a product anyone could buy and install themselves obviously.

Logitech is about mass-market.  Having a high end product doesn't
preclude catering to the mass market.  I've got a meager collection of
remote controls, but if I told any normal individual how much any one
of them cost, they'd likely drop their jaw.  Of course higher priced
remotes are becoming more mainstream now.

Anyway, adding HD to Transporter = bad.
Creating and marketing Slim-branded server = good.

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno
*'Twisted Melon - Fine Mac OS Software' (http://twistedmelon.com) |
'mira - Personal Control for your Apple Remote'
(http://twistedmelon.com)*