your momo;158136 Wrote:

> - I appreciate your metaphorical approach and better understand why it
> can be so hard...
> Main reason I'm here is that I still have hope to convince the
> community on the benefit of having a stand alone mode implemented in
> Transporter  ...otherwise you can convince me that current product is
> user friendly and will always play music when I want it.

I understand where you're coming from.  The SB/Transporter is not for
everyone.  I would not buy one for my parents, for example.  There are
sometimes problems.  But I'd venture most of the problems folks see are
when they're trying to do many of the advanced things the slimdevices
architecture allows them to do.  And many (most?) of the problems
encountered when doing those things can be put down to external factors
like poor tags (though slimserver's tag handling has room for
improvement), dodgy network hardware, outdated plugins, or similar.  If
you're looking to simply play back one of the device's native formats
(what you're saying you want network HD functionality for) I'd suggest
that you're very unlikely to run into any difficulty.  Download the
server and give it a try.  That's one great thing about this company:
you can try the product before you buy it to be sure that you don't
have any trouble running the server.

--
azinck3