Hi all.

Same problem. I've been a long time Slim2 user and love it.  Purchased
a Slim 3 wireless and got through the wireless setup issues (seperate
story).  Once I got the device connected and working, It was losing
connection with SlimServer.  Invetigation reveled that the slimserver
service is crashing/stopping unexpectedly.  Restarting results in the
service reverting back to a stopped state ("The SlimServer service
terminated unexpectedly.") This is both 6.5.0 and 6.5_v2006-12-02.
Multiple uninstalls and reinstalls has not helped.

With the service dead, no connectivity to port 9000.  Basically I'm
dead in the water since I can't get the SlimServer service to run.  My
next step is to try and revert back to an earlier version that I still
have saved.

Diane

--
Diane.A