I am not an expert in the inner workings of SS, but can offer some
general computer psychology things to try, if you haven't already:
1. Reboot your network appliances
2. Start windows in safe mode to minimize conflicts from other
services.
3. Shut down all processes that will stop using Task manager (except
Explorer), then stop/start SS service manually.
4. Chkdsk for disk problems.
5. Scan for memory problems/hard drive problems which could be
corrupting SS code. I use Tufftest.
6. If the SB can find slimserver on SB startup then there's no IP
issue.
7. Type the error message into Google. 1/10 times I get a good clue.
That's all my tricks. Sorry if it doesn't help. Good luck!
Rich

--
richidoo