It's not philosophical, it's practical. From a philosophical point of
view I'm sure everyone here would love you to have this feature, but
from a practical point of view we're pointing out (a) it's unlikely to
happen and (b) we'd be unhappy about the sacrafices which would have to
be made to implement it. While you're complaining about not being
listened to you're doing the exact same thing - you (and I'm being
general here - not directed at any specific person) keep insisting this
is an easy/simple/cheap thing to add despite many people who know
otherwise telling you it isn't so. The first step to being heard is to
start listening.

--
radish