Thanks for the reply. I'll try the very latest nightly download when I
get back home.

Actually, I do have a playlist folder in the core "music" folder, and
it is likely that some of the links may no longer be accurate, although
from memory the only two playlists in there were links to radio
streaming.

I'm at work at the moment, but will take this folder out when I get
home.

But here is the odd thing. As I mentioned before, I changed the "music"
folder to one of it's subfolders, an artist called "Alt". There are 13
tracks in this folder (not 10 as I first wrote above). This time,
instead of finding 284, it found only 1 song (no artist or album). I
then done a number of rescans (where it looks for new music rather than
clearing the library).

Each time the number of songs found increased by 1 until I gave up at
17 tracks (more than the 13 in the folder). However, after finding 17
tracks, it also stated 1 artist and 1 album as well.

When checking what it found, it wasn't the band "Alt" which was stored
in the folder, but a song from a completely different folder from a
band called "Snow Patrol" ??? How on earth did it find this song when
it's not even in the folder designated for searching?

The 2nd odd coincidence, is that I had a problem 6months ago approx,
where an older version of slimserver couldn't find all my songs. That
time, it was the same number each time, so it sounds like a completely
different problem. The odd coincidence was that when I created a bug
report, I used the same Snow Patrol song as the example of a track it
refused to pick up ;O) What's the odds that in 8800 songs, this time
around it found in a folder where the song doesn't exist, the very song
I used 6 months ago as an example of one it can't find.

That's rather spooky ;O)

--
Justme