I've read through this thread, and I've not seen this suggested
anywhere, so here's a thought...

Winamp is a software application that decodes a shoutcase stream, and
gives it to Windows to play.  SlimServer has to direct the SB to
connect to the URL and play that, and it decodes in hardware (or
perhaps SlimServer streams to SB, not clear on that one).

How about using SoftSqueeze to listen to the shoutcase stream on the
same PC as winamp?  Two software applications, decoding and handing the
sound off to Windows?  If that works fine, it would perhaps indicate
that either this is a network issue between the SB and the router, OR
that there is something odd in the way SB handles shoutcast streams.

FWIW, I listen to a variety of Shoutcast streams, including SOMAs
Groove Salad.  I'm in the UK, and I have cable.  There are occasional
hiccups, but it generally works on my wireless SB, which has 75%
signal.

Chris.

--
chris.mason