Peter;172380 Wrote:
> I hope you have now learned to never underestimate a SqueezeBox, Marc!
> ;)

Most definitely.  What's interesting about this is that this is above
and beyond what is required.  The Squeezebox operating in bridge mode
really doesn't need to check if there are any packets destined for
itself (because 95% of the time, SlimServer will not be on the bridged
side) but the fact that it does is wonderful!

This opens up whole new possibilities as I touched upon in the wiki
now.  With a NAS or quiet server in wired range of your Squeezebox and
your router connected wirelessly, you get it all:

- very fast, reliable wired bandwidth for music playback and SlimServer
access

- access to SqueezeNetwork over wireless, which should be fine as there
aren't many/any high-bitrate streams

- access to SlimServer from the rest of your network, both wired and
wireless portions

- the NAS/server will also have Internet access

About the only drawback to this arrangement is if you have another
Squeezebox on the wireless portion because it'll be a 2-hop arrangement
- which isn't a problem for some people though.

--
Mark Lanctot

"It's like, you know, a New Age religion, but with better treble
response." - Jon Heal