Ah, my apologies. By router you mean Wireless Access Point, which can be
a router or a bridge. Mine happens to be a bridge so I thought you meant
a different topology. My bad I didn't read carefully enough.

In the case you are talking about looks like this?

SlimServer - SB(bridge) - Wireless - WAP - Wireless - SB

If so, then, yes, the packet flows twice over the wireless access
network. Sorry.

In my case I also have WAP - LAN - Router - Cable/DSL. The router is
the default gateway and the DHCP server...

But if you are running .11g (and not mixed b/g or b) and have good
wireless connectivity I would not have expected this to be a problem.
My FLAC streams take .3-1 Mb/s (plus packet overhead) which is
substantially less than the wireless access network speed with good
connectivity.

Putting the SlimServer on a SB with poor wireless connectivity or a
.11b connection would definately be non-optimal.

--
Eric Carroll