results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31930
Question: Do you use your Slim Devices equipment wired or wirelessly?

- All wired
- All wirelessly
- I have several units, some operate wired, some wireless

Mark Lanctot;172681 Wrote:
> Oh and HomePlug users: count that as wired.
I'm not sure that's appropriate. The point about wired ethernet is that
it's carried via a medium that's completely under your control and is
therefore immune to interference from third parties.

Homeplug uses a shared carrier - the mains wiring. If a neighbour whose
home is on the same phase as yours fires up something that injects loads
of noise back into the mains (an arc welder, for example), then your
Homeplug packets may possibly get trashed. (I don't know what happens
if a neighbour on the same phase also has a Homeplug network - do his
packets get back out past his meter and compete for the bandwidth
you're trying to use?)

Therefore, in terms of potential for dropouts I'd say Homeplug, while
certainly less vulnerable, is more akin to wireless.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?