bodajmac;172869 Wrote:
> hi nick,
>
> exactly the same issue here, anything up to 10 seconds can be clipped
> off the end of tracks and the following track seems to start hot on the
> heels of the previous one.  i too have got a mixed itunes library of
> mp3, aac and apple lossless files.  i'm currently in discussion with
> slim devices (logitech?) support and i'm waiting for further
> suggestions after establishing that neither my antivirus nor firewall
> settings were behind the problem.

Hi - I have no virus checker or firewall on my music server - I am
certain it is not that.

bodajmac;172869 Wrote:

> this has been discussed in other threads and some posters are
> advocating a return to slimserver 6.31 as the problem seems to have
> appeared subsequent to that release.  this is ok as a workaround but i
> want the issue sorted so i can work with the latest software release
> and not have to change the management of my collection using itunes.
>
> anyone got any ideas?
>
> thanks in advance for any help!

I agree.  It is a serious problem - after all the basic requirement is
to play music flawlessly - all the other features are extra! I believe
it could b something to do with the "cross-fade" feature (volume
control) and the gap-less play.  At the moment I miss the end of all
songs, which is really poor and frustrating!

We need HELP on this one!!

--
nickrt

Nick