On 2/5/07, Pat Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

tyler_durden wrote:
> The only functionality added in the SB would be to recognize the
> thumbdrive and use it as the buffer.  Maybe a thumbdrive can't be
> accessed where read and write take place almost simultaneously...

I'm not one to address whether or not this (the thumb-on-SB idea) is a
good idea, but flash drives are very bad buffers. Flash memory wears
out, or has 'memory', so you don't want to write to it a zillion times.

Somewhat true, but this 'fact' (which will soon be an urban legend) is
developing a life of its own as technology changes underneath it.  But your
other points are definitely valid.  It is certainly not out of the realm of
possibility that hardware as powerful as the SB3 could stream (readonly) off
of a flash drive of some sort.

Ben