Paul_B;183399 Wrote:
> My setup on Windows 2003 R2 doesn't cause any problems or performance
> issues. It is wired from W2K3 server to QNAP NAS storage and SB3. A
> complete rescan of my 5,000 tracks is fine. Any issues with NIC
> settings on network speed and duplex? It is standard practice to always
> force this rather than leave it at auto/auto

My setup is wired, linked through a gigabit switch, pc, switch and nv
have jumbo frames enabled and set to 9014.  Network connects at gigabit
so it doesn't look like there are any connection speed issues.  Same
connection via a Linux box and a rescan puts the NAS under the pump,
whereas under a windows rescan you'd hardly know it was happening.

--
egd

Linux and loving IT!