I am interested in a similar solution.  Just wondering if you could
share your experience a bit more:

1. Speed - How do you find the performance, in terms of responding to
your remote control and to the web interface?

2. Ease of use and install.  Do you need to well versed in Linux to
install Slimserver upgrades or to install addons?

3. Noise level - how quiet is this unit?  Does it have a fan?

BTW, I am also a long time Naim user (Still own a Nait 2)

--
agentsmith

SB2/Pioneer DV-S733A - Benchmark DAC1 - Naim Nait 5i - Naim Ariva
Speakers.  Storage via Buffalo 250GB LANStation, Linksys NSLU2 300GB
USB drive, 720GB RAID One USB drive, Slimserver in Thinkpad T30 and
T40p.  Network using Panasonic HD Power over Ethernet and Buffalo WiFi