Murph;186754 Wrote:
> Also, If you port scan from the outside and you can get in on a port,
> you can be almost 100% sure you will also get out on it.

How do you figure?  My guess would be the typical corporate network may
have port 25 incoming open to a company mail/SMTP server, yet users
would be required to relay through the local SMTP server, so couldn't
connect on port 25 to an outside server.

> For instance, someone mentioned just map your server to use port 80
> because it's used for web and it's always open.  However, your PC is
> already being slowed down when you browse the web but do you also want
> your SW server and client  to have to deal with all your web traffic
> directly pumped into it too?

Huh?  Outgoing HTTP connections are made from a random high port on the
PC to an outside port 80.  SlimServer wouldn't be involved.

--
JJZolx

Jim