I said this before and I am trying to catch some attention again.

For gamers or people who wants cheap blu-ray out there in the
community, note that the Sony PS3 is potentially a killer Linux server
that should be millions of times more powerful than the NAS boxes.

The PS3 allows you to:
1. Swap in bigger nard disks seamlessly
2. Install Linux as dual boot
3. Plug in USB hard disks (there are 6 USB ports)

In terms of quietness, the PS3 is normally noiseless until the fan
kicks if the machine starts to overheat.  That happened to me after I
left it on all night in a closed cabinet.

I have a PS3 but do not have the Linux skill to install Slimserver on
it.  So I will have to bribe a Linux friend to do it for me sometime in
the future.

--
agentsmith

SB2/Pioneer DV-S733A - Benchmark DAC1 - Naim Nait 5i - Naim Ariva
Speakers.  Storage via Buffalo 250GB LANStation, Linksys NSLU2 300GB
USB drive, 720GB RAID One USB drive, Slimserver in Thinkpad T30 and
T40p.  Network using Panasonic HD Power over Ethernet and Buffalo WiFi