jeffmeh;191605 Wrote:

> In my opinion, SD should either address the problem, or they should put
> some serious disclaimers on the ReadyNAS bundle (or stop selling it).

I can see your point. I think that a big part of a SB/NAS owner's
satisfaction has to do with his expectations. In your case you may have
seen the marketing of the two together and/or that the NAS came ready to
use with SS and assumed they would function well together. I bought my
NAS for all-around file serving and later got a SB as an unrelated
purchase (I had already had an audiotron and roku), so I had no
expectation of even having an option of running SS on the NAS. They
should indeed show a prominent warning that running SS on the NAS may
not yield the scan/search performance of running it on a pc.

--
Hamlet