donglobal;192332 Wrote:
> Thats right it does everything the Sqeezebox does and more. You can
> connect a Nas storage device directly into the back of the zoneplayer
> and access all files, no need for a computer to be on to stream, check
> it out. As I mentioned before the only reason i have not purchased one
> in the past is because of the relativley high cost. But looking at the
> current options available it may be the best bet.
As has been pointed out several times already in this thread, (1) a NAS
*is* a computer, just a highly specialized one, and (2) slimserver runs
just fine on several NAS devices, without having another computer on. I
have been happily running slimserver on a LinkStation NAS for over a
year now, feeding 3 Squeezeboxes around the house. No computer (other
than the NAS) required.

So what exactly do you mean by "...everything the Squeezebox does and
more", other than the fancy Sonos remote?

--
aubuti