I've had a variety of issues with Vista refusing to run certain apps
automatically (even is they are set to 'run as administrator') and
decided to switch off the user account control function.  Potentially
risky I know but there's no-one in the house who would cause problems
and I'm pretty confident that my hardware and software firewalls are
protecting me from the web.

Anyway, reinstalled SS and bingo, it runs automatically on start-up
every time and the browser interface works too.  Fantastic I thought,
but now my SB can't/won't connect to the network or SS, which is weird
because a) it did before and b) it's hardwired to the network and not
using a wireless connection.

I haven't changed anything from standard on my router, firewalls or
anti-virus.

Am stumped.

--
hifisteve