I am using SS 6.5.1 and Vista Ultimate 32 bit clean build on a
home-built system with top-of-the-line hardware.  I followed the advice
of "Chris" on the wiki for installation.  All that worked fine, but..
Running thereafter was intermittent.  Slimserver tray would usually
appear to hang on startup - but after several tries, reboots, etc. I
could usually get SS to run.  After having gotten fed up with Vista
annoyances from User Account Control (eg. refusing to delete folders
transferred from previous PC) I disabled UAC.  Now SS runs fine - as it
did on previous PC under XP.  If anyone is reading this who is just
thinking about getting Vista - DON'T DO IT!

--
cgshirley