Thanks for the responses. I had heard of Tannoy, but never heard any
opinions. And I needed a nudge to get past the opening animations of
the very cheesy Proficient Audio site!

Almost all of the wall space is going to be either windows or cabinets,
so in this instance I'm guessing that the wider options for placement of
in-ceiling speakers may trump in-wall. Spousal aesthetic sensibilities
are also a factor.

Hey bobharp, please do put together a review and post it, I would
appreciate hearing how the Proficient Audio compare to the Polks. Are
the Polks staying in your old place? I ask because if you're interested
in selling them I'm just down the road from you (Takoma Park).

--
aubuti