mortslim: Yes, I recall seeing your earlier message.  Thanks for
reminding me to check out the cleanbox.

SuperQ: I like DynAudio stuff, but their studio monitors are just a bit
rich for my blood, especially if I compare value/dollar with other
options.  The BM 5As are 3x the cost of the Wharfs I mentioned, but
perhaps not 3x the value (in my case; if I were equipping a home studio
and the Dyns worked better with my room correction than anything else,
it would be different).  DynAudio makes wonderful car audio speakers,
by the way, although I didn't buy them either :).  I've also been
considering the AudioEngines, although my guess -- not being easy to do
A:B comparisons -- is that the biamped Wharfs are likely to be better
nuanced, and I'm running FLACs in my music collection.  Still a bit up
in the air on the speakers.

Thanks for the suggestions!

--
Balthazar_B