mortslim;200900 Wrote:
> For those audiophiles who want the cleanest sound possible when
> connecting to powered speakers, I found a little product that balances
> the signal when converting from rca to XLR.
>
> It's from ART (Applied Research & Technology) and called the Cleanbox
> (not to be confused with the Cleanbox II).
You say it gives the "cleanest sound possible", but I'm skeptical. The
ART Cleanbox is inexpensive (about $40 for a stereo unit). It balances
the signal by means of transformers. Good quality audio frequency
transformers are expensive (like >$50 for a single channel). I see a
possible problem here.

Then again, I've not heard the Cleanbox. If ART really have developed
good quality audio transformers at this low price, then they've built
one of the holy grails of pro audio.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?