Hmm, this only happens to me when I sync the 2nd SB3 with another one -
if this was a network issue, I would have expected to have these issues
when playing un-synced, that is, playing normally. But I don't, I can
play quite sucessfully for hours on end un-synced on this SB3 (well,
both actually) with no stutters or stops.

I guess I will play with the network test plugin some more to see if it
shows me anything, as well as checking out buffer fullness to see if I
can figure out what's happening.

I never checked the time duration to see if it is still moving on the
SB3 - I did have the VU meter screensaver on, and the needles drop to
zero when my 'stop' happens, so I assumed the SB3 actually stoped
playing - maybe it still thinks it's playing but as far as the time
duration indicator. I will check. I do know it still thinks it's
sync-ed, and unsyncing and resyncing fix things again for another 10-15
mins.

Thanks for your replies.

--
ziggyb63