byKnight;203718 Wrote:
> If at all possible, run the problematic SB3 wired for a while and
> determine whether or not you can still reproduce the problem.
>
> If you can't reproduce it when the SB3 is wired, that suggests you are
> having some kind of wireless-related issue.

Agree wholeheartedly.  When you're syncing multiple players wirelessly,
there are any one of a zillion things that could go wrong, most of which
are easily fixed once you identify them.  So remove one of the bigger
variables (the wireless link).  If the problem continues, great--now
you know it's not the wireless.  If the problem disappears, that's also
good news--you know it's the wireless.

You could also remove another big variable (synchronization), by having
both players play different things independently.  If you still get
periodic dropouts, then it's not the synchronization code doing it
(it's likely the wireless).

If it's not wireless or sync, there are some other less-likely
candidates like weird encoding/decoding issues, etc.

For what it's worth, except for gapless playback, synchronized playback
works great for me.  So it CAN work, we just need to figure out how your
setup is different than mine.

It's also worth noting for troubleshooting purposes whether you're
using 802.11B or G, how many total wireless devices you have on that
access point, what frequency any nearby cordless phones operate at,
etc, etc.

--
CatBus