I have set up my server so that it is accessible on the web. I have
opened port 9000 and 3483 in my router and verified that they are open.
I can bring up the Slimserver web interface on my server from my remote
site with no problem, however, I can't stream any music either with
Softsqueeze or MediaMonkey. When I try with MediaMonkey to connect to
my server via:

http://myserveraddress:9000/stream.mp3, I see the IP address of my
remote system appearing in the Slimserver interface, but it won't play
anything. The play button is non-functional. I can create a playlist of
songs, but the current pointer always goes to the last song, and nothing
plays.

In Softsqueeze, it says "Please wait. Connecting to Slim Server", but
nothing ever happens. If I do these things locally on my network at
home, everything works beautifully, even if I use the outside address.

Any suggestions?

-- Martin

--
mschiff