I have got it working!

Unfortunately the solution was to uninstall slimserver. Then uninstall
Zonealarm and re-instate the vista firewall.

Upon re-installing Slimserver everything worked first time!

Under XP Pro I was using Slimserver through Zonealarm without any
issues so there must be a conflict somewhere with the Vista version of
Zonealarm. Before anyone asks I did make sure that everything was
configured within Zonealarm in the same way as I had it working under
XP, e.g. open ports etc.

Has anyone out there got Slimserver working with a third party
firewall?

John

--
johnhaines