I'm using the latest version 1.2.7.0 and i think my problem may be with
google desktop (recent version downloaded ysterday) . I have the gadget
installed fine but it refuses to "see" localhost (or 127.0.0.1 or the
normal machine ip 192.168.2.35) - slimserver is on the same machine.
But i just get a "please connect to network" notice.

Other google gadgets update normally from the web but i also notice
that (unless its being very very slow) google desktop is not indexing
properly - so maybe it cant "see" the machine its installed on either.
Anyone got any ideas?

--
gandt