ursus,

I didn't get an answer from the Music Label forum.  I really am curious
where the tag information should be coming from.  Should it be on the CD
from which I have copied the music and saved it as a wma file or in some
other format?  Should it come from Gracenote when I query that database
with the CD in the computer player for information about the CD?  If
that doesn't happen, is the tag information supposed to come from a
software program for cataloging the music files?

And I am still wondering why tag data is important to Slimserver.

Thanks,
John

--
JSharp