Radish,

In some ways, your post brings me back to the beginning of this thread.
I just read the entire thread again.  I think some poorly expressed
statements I made may have left the wrong impression.  I understand the
general concept that SB needs SS to run, like Client for Microsoft
Networks is needed to access resources on a Windows network.  I never
meant to say that I didn’t want to use SS for its resources to transfer
sound files from the computer to SB to the home audio system.  I
understand that SB relies on and MUST have SS to operate.  But I also
understand (I think) that SS has a catalog feature from which the user
selects the sound files to be transferred.  What I want to do is use a
different catalog as an overlay to only that part of the SS software
from which I can select the sound files and then rely on SS’s expertise
to move the sound files to SB.  To continue the analogy, rather than use
Windows Explorer to surf the necessary Client for Microsoft Networks, I
would use a third-party utility which is more powerful and
full-featured than Windows Explorer.  But in using that analogy, I
don’t mean to offend SS and suggest that it is not powerful.  I want to
use the separate catalog software only because I like it and have many
music tracks cataloged there with the same tracks (mostly jazz) being
played by different groups of musicians.  I can select the same song by
different groups of musicians or the same musicians but over different
time periods and listen to the differences.  It’s really not a huge
desire, but if it can be done, I’d like to do it.  Certainly, I could
maintain the catalog software I have for its information, etc., and
then turn to SS’s catalog to choose the songs.  Maybe that’s what I
will have to do.

In short, I know that I NEED to use SS with SB and I WANT to use SS and
all of its features (because it gets such great reviews), EXCEPT I want
to use a different software from which to select the music.  It seemed
originally to me as though SS would not care whether I used its music
browser or my own, but it sounds as though I have to use its catalog
system.  And then the complication of tags arose.

I know we are at the “beat the dead horse” stage in this thread and if
everyone is tired of it, I understand.  I have learned and appreciate
all the advice I have received.  I’ll eventually get something to
work.

John

--
JSharp