hi slimpy!

are you serious? hope not... ;-)

what you are saying implies that any directory structure which
separates tracks from one album will cause that album to show up
multiple times?

please confirm for me these two examples:

1. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40070
ben and i both are seeing multiple albums after integrating an itunes
library organized by artist:
\artist\album\track.mp3
if i understand you correctly, we have to re-organize our directory
structures? if so: not nice.
for me at least, it is tough work, because the filenames are incomplete
and i would have to rebuild those too.

2. before i integrated itunes, my directory structure was:
\music\FLAC\album.tracknumber.artist.trackname.flac
\music\ogg-vorbis\album.tracknumber.artist.trackname.ogg
some tracks i ripped in flac for quality, some in vorbis for space.
albums with mixed formats indeed show up twice.
seems to be a variation of the same problem above.

--
dcote