dcote;244553 Wrote:
> that way you can be happy and me too! :-)
No, you can be happy but not me.
The problem with such a setting is that it makes it even more
complicated to do proper support in case of problems.

I've been answering questions regarding compilations and the like for
quite some time now. I can assure you that the switch to the current
behaviour with less settings has made it a lot easier to explain to
people how they can get their intended behaviour.

dcote;244553 Wrote:
> since i copied my GFs iTunes repository from her iBook - about 30. some
> of those show up 15x.
> her iTunes is organized by artist, that is just the way it is.
That's not that many. If you had taken the time to move all of them
into their own directory this thread would have found an end a long
time ago. It's a matter of maybe 30 minutes with any decent tagging
software!
iTunes doesn't force you into a strict organization by artist.
It's not just the way it is.
Why do you accept iTunes behaviour as a given but stubbornly refuse to
accept slimserver's behaviour?

-s.

--
slimpy