dcote;242858 Wrote:

> are you serious? hope not... ;-)
Dead serious.
dcote;242858 Wrote:
> what you are saying implies that any directory structure which separates
> tracks from one album will cause that album to show up multiple times?
Certainly if the tracks are by different artists (compilations).
I'm not sure what the behaviour is if you have tracks from
single-artist albums in different directories. Probably nobody does
this deliberately anyway.
You can have multi-disk albums in different directories if they have a
common artist and the DISC tag is set.

Renaming the files from the tags isn't that hard (if your tags are
correct, that is).
Any decent tagging program should be able to do this in one go. But
backup first, just in case.

I don't know iTunes so I can't comment on any iTunes related problems.
I think I've read about albums being split when using different formats
within the same album but as I only have single format albums I can't
give you a definitive answer.

-s.

--
slimpy