dizzie;249509 Wrote:
> bflatmajor,  Those are the same router issues I have.
> What do you mean by reset the router?  Do you mean just cycle off then
> on?
>
> How did you do the firmware update?  I found it and downloaded it but
> then I was asked to save it and I did not know where to save it.
> Shouldn't it have automatically gone where it belonged?

On the back of the router is a very small button that can only be
pressed with a pin/tootpick/paper clip.  After you unplug the power
supply, press and hold that button in for about 30 seconds.
After 30 seconds release the button and plug the power cord back in.

I downloaded and saved the firmware patch to my desktop. The location
doesn't matter as long as you remember where you put it.
I then went into the router software via the browser and located the
update firmware section. Clicked on the update firmware link and it
prompted me for the location of the file.

Word of advice, do not attempt to update the firmware wirelessly.
Be sure you have an ethernet cable running from your computer to the
router.

If you call their tech support team and get someone who speaks decent
english, I've found them to be very very helpful.

--
bflatmajor