dizzie;249703 Wrote:
> Thanks bflatmajor.
>
> Will updating the router firmware change any settings I will have to
> redo?  I get the process now.  While connected download the update and
> save.  Then I can update without being connected.

No.. After updating my router's firmware, I NEVER had to go into the
router's settings to reinstate previous changes.
But that question is best left up to linksys tech support.

If this was happening to me, I would also call your DSL tech support.
They may have to replace your dsl modem.

Do you have any type of filter at the phone jack?
I know I had to add filters and my phone company supplied the filters.
Now all my phone jacks have a filter on them. The filters MAY help
resolve your dsl modem issue.

As for the router, upgrade to the latest firmware is a priority.

--
bflatmajor