autopilot;255046 Wrote:
> The reciever also has a good DAC and all the compontents needed for
> digital out and other connections.
>
> LCD screens are cheap enough - you can buy contract free (pay as you
> go) mobiles with simular screen here in the UK for £9.99 now.
>
> I am baffled by the expensive buttons too. Are the made of gold? Maybe
> they ad a bit to the cost, the cost of the dock need factoring too -
> but a jump from £150 to $300???

Price of an LCD compared to the DAC?  LCD I would bet is more.
Connectors are not cheap, however the buttons are most likely more
expensive.  Mobiles are paid for by the phone company so you can not
compare that price.  Trust me do a little DIY in the electronics world
and you will begin to understand where the real cost is in making
devices.

--
m1abrams