dean blackketter;254747 Wrote:
> Folks have been asking
> for a couple of new products from us for a while:  a less expensive
> Squeezebox and a remote with a display.  We did that.

This is indeed an exciting product.  However, I am one of the folks who
clamors for a less expensive way to access my music collection stored in
the Slimserver Ecosystem.  As I see it, this is not actually chaper:
$399 for the Duet is *more* than the $299 Squeezebox, since the $150
receiver requires the $299 remote for setup.  If/when later software
releases make it so the remote isn't required for setup, I'm probably
in for two receivers.

Note that I think the output jack on the remote (once enabled) is
indeed very neat, but does limit the whole wireless aspect of the
remote if it's anchored to powered speakers in the kitchen or garage or
whatever.  The "really getting two recievers in one box" angle doesn't
necessarily apply in every setup situation (though, again, is exciting
in a lot of situations!)

--
thing-fish

' Most Recent Tracks'