I'm one of the Jive beta testers and I can report that yes, there have
been some issues with it, but each new nightly release fixes some of
the problems and it is getting better daily.  In the last few weeks the
pace of improvements has been accelerating.

The last nit I can pick is with regard to scrolling through long lists.
That's really only an issue for someone who has a large music library.
Most people would probably be satisfied with it as is.  I am 100%
confident that the scrolling will be fixed by making the rotary encoder
sensitive to rotation speed- a relatively easy software fix.

As for use as a portable player... hmmm.  Maybe for use around the
house, but certainly not for outside.  I can see an application for it
as a stand-alone internet radio receiver, but don't expect the battery
to last more than a couple hours as long as the wi-fi radio and display
are on.

One question about the remote- I notice that when it powers up the
Logitech logo that is displayed is all white against a black
background.  Why aren't the color in the logo displayed?

TD

--
tyler_durden