Paul Webster;255511 Wrote:
> I just left my Nokia 770 streaming - playing back through internal
> speaker. Most of the time it was close to the access point (so should
> be less battery use) but about 30 minutes was near the limit of its
> reception area. Result - about 1h50m streaming.

It'll also depend on the bit rate of the music. Try using an iPod with
Apple Lossless files and you'll see what I mean, although for slightly
different reasons. In essence the RAM buffer empties much faster, so
needs to be topped up by battery draining WiFi (in the case of the
controller) or spinning up a disk (in the case of the iPod). Since most
SB users have lossless or high bit rate libraries, this is going to be
an issue for battery life.

In cell phone land, which isn't probably that different, batteries are
mostly drained by the RF (WiFi is particularly bad) and screen
lighting, especially in low signal situations.

One solution would be to to stick a big SD card in the controller, load
it up with music when it's in the dock and charging, and stream from
that with the WiFi turned off in a standalone music player mode.

--
CardinalFang