Paul Webster;255465 Wrote:
> And having the sound disappear because the battery runs flat after 40
> minutes of streaming will be a good reminder to get back into the shade
> ;)
>
> Maybe if there was a mechanism to stream at superhigh speed and store
> 30MB in the device and switch off the wifi for a while it would get a
> longer battery life but would probably lose some of the responsiveness
> if you wanted to use the remote as a remote.
>
> A power outlet and some powered speakers with the remote in its cradle
> may well be an outdoor hit though.

Was the 40 minute figure a (sarcastic or otherwise!) guess or is it
quoted somewhere? If it was a guess I'd be really interested to know
what the actual figure will be. This functionality is only really
useful if the streaming battery life is more than about 3 hours IMO.

Is that ARM processor in the controller capable of decoding all the
audio standards?

--
PaulR