GCFL;254822 Wrote:
> can anyone tell me if the controller will be able to be used (or
> possibly modified) as a universal remote (to access the CD player,
> etc.)?

Apologies if this has been answered already but I'm just going through
this thread - there are no official plans to include universal remote
functionality in the SBC.  It could be possible for someone in the
open-source community to make one but its usefulness would be hampered
by the lack of hard buttons on the SBC, most of it would have to be
done by scrolling through options on the screen.

Square peg, round hole.  On the bright side, Logitech Harmony was
looking at the server software formerly known as Jive so there might be
a Harmony universal remote in the future that works like an SBC but
could also be used as a universal remote.

--
Mark Lanctot

Sean Adams: "So you mean, aside from the fact that Squeezebox does not
do 96KHz, why doesn't it do 96KHz?"