willyhoops;259078 Wrote:
> I am blown away - I think I have seen the future and I am bit gutted
> that it's apple.

I was actually disappointed. The movie rental side is great, but you
still need to buy a TV even if you just want an audio player, so for
audio fans like me the total cost is way higher. There were rumours of
there being a new model with a built-in display, which really would
have been cool. The killer blow though is the links to all the major
studios for movie rental. That makes it a must have for people who use
rental stores a lot.

On the pricing side though, I think it reflects the mass market nature
of the product. Although Logitech might have mass market aims with the
Duet, the pricing is still way too high for that, no matter how fair we
might think it is. So it's still in the region of carefully researched
first time network audiophile players alongside the Sonos, not an
impulse purchase like a DAB radio.

At CES there seemed to be a lot more going on from the high end, this
web site covered a ton of stuff, http://www.computeraudiophile.com/.
Now that more high end players are entering the fray, I think Sonos has
become the B&O of network players, but I can't think of an equivalent
for Slim! Perhaps NAD? Great sounding, but not quite high end?

--
CardinalFang